Sunday, January 30, 2011

Inspirational Quotes, BIRDS, Ninjas, Emotional/ Spiritual Check-Up.


January 29, 2011
INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES THAT ACTUALLY INSPRED ME YESTERDAY (thanks MomJ):

"The greatest moment of your life is now. Not because it's pleasant or happy or easy, but because this moment is where God is." John Ortberg



"Toto! (Momo! or Monkeys!) I don't think we're in Kansas anymore"



"For I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:11-13



"Wherever you are be all there. Live to the hilt every circumstance you believe to be the will of God." Jim Elliot, martyred missionary

Main event of yesterday: Went to see Birds of Prey! For you outdoorsy Indiana Jonses of the world, it was like a Ranger talk… without getting the shiny jr. ranger badge. Um… what’s the point?! No, actually, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would! J There was a BIRD show. Cough, cough. One of the birds ran away and they told us we could leave… Awkward… But then! In the distance! Out of the mist came Chicken, a Falcon! (Did you catch that? Why, people?!)

Extra cherry on top:  We stopped by one of our CLC’s (I don’t know what that stands for. Community Leader Council? Cool Lookin’ cats? Crayon leprechaun company?) houses. She locked her keys in the house so her macho boyfriend (no offense… this should be taken in a positive way…) who looked like he belonged in Napoleon Dynamite, (Wouldn’t you take that as a compliment?! We’re talking SERIOUS PEDRO-ism!) had to break the door down! Jackie-Chan-Ninja-HIII-YA-ness took place! It was a beautiful moment!

Now, I am going to take a step back and provide you lovely encouragers with an overview of this new season of my life:

What I am going through is hard. God is stretching me and molding me and strengthening me.


I wanted to compare what I’m going through right now to two things!
[Miss Alison, I wanted to give a shout out to you! Thank you so much for your inspiring words!! I so appreciate you taking the time to keep up with my blogs, let alone provide wonderful encouragement!]
1) Dancing. Growing up, my dance teacher, Miss Alison, always had us do sit-ups and bicycles, etc during warm up. I always hated that part. It HURT! I was a weakling with little motivation. I would always just try to survive the work out part of warm up. But thanks to those exercises, I became stronger. They helped me stay fit, and helped me in dancing. Right now I am in a season of “work out,” full of crunches and push-ups. I know there will be a season where I reap the reward of a (symbolically) fit self J
2) Growing pains. Remember growing up when you would get random aches in your legs? I hated those pains because it meant- GULP- I was GROWING AGAIN!!!! (Slow motion. Cue EPIC BATTLE symphony. Ren shakes fists at the sky) NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Until high school, I was always the tallest kid. All my friends averaged a foot shorter than me. (Just kidding. But close J) What was a girl to do?! I was so insecure about my height, and these pains meant the height difference between my peers and me was going to get BIGGER!!!! (Replay recent footage of the slow-mo fist shaking set to the epic symphony EVEN SLOWER.) Although I HATED my height at the time, I LOVE it now. I wouldn’t trade it. I am grateful. And being tall was a huge part of my childhood that made me who I am now. SO. At the time, it sorta STUNK. But later, it was the best possible thing that could have happened.

I wish I could explain all the ways in which I am growing. But we would be here all night! And so much of it can’t be put into words (HA! Imagine me without even written words. AHHH THE WORLD IS ENDING!!! =P). Hopefully, next time I see y’all, it will be apparent. But if not, maybe I will have found the words by then.

To add it all together, I am SO grateful, thankful, and BLESSED to be here! It hurts, but still, there’s no place I’d rather be. 

3 comments:

  1. P.S. I should start keeping track of all the hooky (pronounced "who-key") made up words we have to type in to verify that our comments are valid. I just had to type...shoot, I already lost it. Grr.

    P.P.S. I have you to thank for "P.S."

    ReplyDelete