Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pre-Departure!

Orientation today!

It was such a whirlwind of 55 new faces and so much information about the country I am traveling to in about 5 hours!

My favorite part of today was a beautiful Commissioning Ceremony. I was so inspired by Mr. Matt Browning, who encouraged the South Africa team to "see the world with our hearts." He also talked about how he hoped that we would be "ruined for the ordinary." I was so blessed to be surrounded by my parents and wonderful friends Francesca, Danielle, Mckenna, Kelsey, and Katie during this time! I was overwhelmed with thankfulness for the amazing blessings God has given me-- a wonderful family, an amazing group of friends at APU, and now this once-in-a-lifetime adventure!

I have very few expectations for this experience. I have no idea what it will be like. But I do know that I was chosen for such a time as this, and will do my best to make the most of this amazing opportunity!

Please be praying!

I am now going finish the last bits of packing.

 I hope to be ruined for the ordinary!

As Shakira says oh so well, "IT'S TIME FOR AFRICA!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment