Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Field Trip Day (Thermo-Nuclear) UNO


March 19, 2011

FIELD TRIP!!!

TODAY, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I TOOK OFF MY BOOT!!! I WALKED LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!

I have seriously NEVER been SO COMPLETELY grateful to walk in my life! Ok. Lesson time.

I am honestly so thankful I injured my foot. “WHAT?!” you may ask. Yes, ma’am. God taught me so much that I would have been oblivious to without this occurrence.

I believe I now have a better understanding of those who must rely on others for survival. Although I could maneuver quite well on one foot, there are simply things I cannot do. For example, I cannot carry my own plate. It just doesn’t work out. From this example, I learned much about service. Many people would leap at the chance to help me, without me even having to ask. Others still would watch me struggle and wouldn’t help unless I specifically asked. I realized how much I want to be like the first option. It really means so much. Also, a positive attitude and smile goes so far. Guess what? People who need help most likely feel guilty asking for help. Don’t make it worse! I also learned a lot about dependence on the Lord. He gave me strength when I was tired and comfort when I was frustrated. For these lessons I am completely grateful! Even now, it hurts to walk. But I don’t mind. It’s a reminder of how blessed I am and how thankful I am to have two working feet! It’s so much better than a shoe fast J

Back to the field trip! A huge part of this trip was the bus. I had the best bus buddy ever! I love you, Morgan! Perfect blend of fun and deep. She’s great J

We watched Remember the Titans on the bus. Ok. I forgot how EPIC that movie is!! It made me want to watch football! (That’s like, a COLOSSAL deal.)

We made a pit stop at a gas station that looked exactly like Utah… Hey, Nightingale/ Pryors! I am getting so stoked for Wyoming! There are many similarities geographically between Wyoming and South Africa… not even kidding. It sounds crazy. But it’s TRUE!

Our main day stop was at a battlefield. We were warned of the “Puffer” I believe? It is one of Africa’s deadliest snakes. Apparently the venom burns off your skin. NICE. Luckily, no one was de-skinned today! J

After the tour we headed to a hotel. This was the CUTEST ever! I loved it! The highlights of our hotel stay were
1)    Dinner. Magnifique! So awesome to have a legit meal. Plus, I got to sit with Kayla and Miranda and we had some Jesus talk, so of course it was positive.
2)    THERMO-NUCLEAR UNO! Zachariah, Mary-Bette, Matt, Bethany, John, Melinda, Shayna, and I played some HARDCORE Uno. It was epic. I loved it.

I got to room with Carmen. She is so great! It was nice to room with her, because I haven’t had the opportunity to get to know her as well as I’d like to.

I’m ready for day 2!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhhh, Thermo-Nuclear UNO has gone forth and prospered!

    We're looking forward to Wyoming, too!! Love you!

    !!

    ReplyDelete