Tuesday, March 22, 2011

You Are All I Need (in the Ark and at Tea Parties)


March 18, 2011

Happy FRIDAY!!!

This morning was spent sanding and painting cupboards at Ethembeni with Tyler, Karissa, Shayna, and Lindsay. The best part? We used that time to share life stories. Hello, bonding! I love hearing people’s stories. It makes my heart happy to understand why they are the way they are, and it helps me to see how I can love them in the way that they need.

In the afternoon, with MUCH anticipation, we performed our skit! I was SO EXCITED!!! HERE it is, ladies and gentlemen:

Noah’s Ark:

Narrator: Once upon a time, THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of years ago, God was very sad. He was sad because his people were being mean to each other.

A: “Hey, that’s MY lollipop”

Noah: “Did you steal her lollipop?!”

C: “NO!” (hiding object behind back)

Fighting. Noah tries to keep them apart.

God: “Why are my children so bad?!”

Freeze.

Narrator: So God thought of a way to fix his problem. He decided to send a HUGE rainstorm that would flood the whole earth! But FIRST, God had to find a man who was good enough to help him save the world from sadness and badness.

God: Is there just one man who has a good heart?

Narrator: So God went about searching for just the right man for the job.
AAAAAAND NOW, presenting all of the possible winners (eligible bachelors) who can help God in His quest!

All except God and Narrator stand in a line, trying to be chosen. They actively show why they think they should be chosen.

A: Pick me; I’m pretty!
B: NO, pick ME, I’m strong!
C: I’m a good dancer! Pick ME!


They all fight for God’s attention. Noah stands there humbly. Maybe he is praying.

Narrator: Ladies and gentlemen, now is the time to vote for who YOU think should help God save the world! Cheer for your favorite person!

God puts his hand over the contestants one by one. After MUCH anticipation,

God: Noah, I choose you!

Contestants: AWWWW.

Noah: Me, God?!

God: Yes, Noah! You are pure of heart, and you love me! CONGRATULATIONS!

Noah: Thanks, God!

God: Alright, now we’ve got a lot of work to do! I want you to build me a huge ark. When it is built, I want you to find TWO of each and every animal and put them in the ark. When your entire family and all of the animals are inside the ark, I will make it rain for MANY days and MANY nights. Can you do this for me, Noah?

Noah: Yes, sir!

They put their hands in, team style.

God and Noah: GO, TEAM, GO!

-Either we all become pieces of the ark, and then shuffle outside
-Or make the playground the ark.
-OR USE SOME KIDS AS WOOD

Narrator: Noah worked very hard to build the ark. Finally, he was DONE! It was time for the ANIMALS.
NOW we need some volunteers! I need two lions, two zebras, two birds, two elephants, two frogs, and two goats. Line up!

And two by two, ALL of the animals marched into the ark.

Wherever the ark is.

Narrator: Then, just like God said, the rain came!

Spray water.

Narrator: Ok, now we need your help to make the rain! Follow us!

We help them in making rain.
We walk across the stage with paper. The rain keeps going.

A: One day later
B: One week later
C: One month later.
D: 40 DAYS LATER:

Narrator: Finally, on the 40th day, the RAIN STOPPED!

The kids stop making the rain.

Narrator: After a LONG time of waiting, they heard a BIG THUNK. The ark had hit a MOUNTAIN! Finally, Noah, his family, and the animals could leave the ark.
God was very happy.

God: good job, Noah! High five.

Narrator: The earth started all over and God promised He would never flood the earth again. To show proof of this, God made a rainbow.
Because everyone was so happy, they decided to sing a song!

Noah built the ark song

Who built the ark?
Noah, Noah
Who built the ark?
Brother Noah built the ark
Who built the ark?
Noah, Noah
Who built the ark?
Brother Noah built the ark

Who sent the rain?
God did, God did!
Who sent the rain?
Father God sent the rain
Who sent the rain?
God did, God did!
Who sent the rain?
Father God sent the rain

What filled the sky?
A rainbow, rainbow
What filled the sky?
A rainbow filled the sky
What filled the sky?
A rainbow, rainbow
What filled the sky?
A rainbow filled the sky


Because Noah was obedient, and did what God told him to do, God promised he would never flood the earth again. So every time we see a rainbow, we can remember that God loves us.

THE END!!!!

It was SO SUCCESSFUL! THEY LOVED IT! I could not have been more pleased. THIS is what I want to do with my LIFE, guys. SO positive!

Right after, we jumped in Claire’s truck (I got a seat because I am still in a boot for my ankle) and jostled down the bumpy road to her house in Howick for a tea party!!!

I cannot describe the JOY it brings to me to be in a HOUSE. And Claire’s is SO CUTE! I could not contain myself. That is EXACTLY what I am going to make my house look like! For suresies.

Ok. Claire is just all around talented. I think she can literally do EVERYTHING. Because JUST when I thought she had run out of things to be GREAT at, she cooked for us. Um. WOW. SO DELICOUS!!! Carrot cake, coffee cake, cupcakes, CHEESE BREAD ROLLS!!! (Oh my lanta.), and cute little sandwiches. It was heavenly.

Most of the Ethembeni staff came. I LOVE THEM!! It was so great to bond with them outside of work. God has blessed me SO much to know these people. When the Ethembeni guests left, we hung out with Claire for quite a while, having a grand time. It was complete, blissful fun. Just what we all needed J

On the way home, I had an epic talk with Claire. As we were driving, I realized, “I can do this. I can live here.” Literally, I would be fine.

God reminded me so much tonight that He is the only one I need. I don’t have to depend on anyone. He is always with me. Therefore, I can always be comfortable with myself and content with my situation, because THAT is where God is.



No comments:

Post a Comment