Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Keep Walking.


3/6/09

Hey guys.

So today.

There was kind of a miracle.

And by kind of, I mean, like, REALLY.

Church today. Totally struggling with SO many emotions. Mostly fear, confusion, possibly some anger…

Worhsip was so beautiful. God was MOVING. The theme of the service was freedom. One of the church members received a prophetic word from God: “I feel you are standing on a slippery slope. Do not fall into the water!” Um. A little late, God. This was the passage she read.

“See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction. For I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in obedience to him, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.
 But if your heart turns away and you are not obedient, and if you are drawn away to bow down to other gods and worship them,  I declare to you this day that you will certainly be destroyed. You will not live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess.
 This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live  and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.” –Deuteronomy 30:15-20

In worship, we had sung a song about how “Jesus is alive!” All I kept thinking was, “I am alive because Jesus is alive.” There is SERIOUSLY no other explanation.

After church, two women came up to me.
“Can we pray for you?”
“Yes, PLEASE!” There is NO way I would turn down prayer.
“What’s wrong with your leg?”
“I fell off a waterfall.”
“OK. Let’s pray.”

The Holy Spirit was moving, guys. The ONLY thing these people knew about me was that I fell. They prayed for fear to leave me. They prayed I would be unafraid. Again and again. And then they prayed for JOY to fill the empty spaces where fear used to live. JOY!!!! I was bawling my guts out. I have never cried so MUCH or so unashamedly. They were praying for healing. They affirmed that God had big plans for me and this event would only escalate those plans.

All my life, I have heard a continuous phrase from God:
I have big plans for you.”
The day after the accident, I was sitting at the bottom of the waterfall, crying out to God. And then came that whisper that was oh so familiar. But it was a little different this time:
I still have big plans for you.”

I was crying SO hard. Once again, I was so completely HONORED that the Lord would speak to two strangers, tell them to come pray for me, and then give them words to say about what is REALLY going on with me!

They prayed for confidence.
I was wearing my boho headband around my head, super hippie status, and one woman said, “May I do something prophetically?” She slowly began taking off my headband. “This is your crown from the world. Release yourself from the expectations of the world, your family, your friends, even the expectations you place on yourself. God will give you a new kind of beauty that is based on his love for you. Trust in that. He will make you a holy crown of love.”

“I see Jesus writing his name on your forehead. You are His and He will use you.”

Lindsay saw a picture of a river of life flowing out of my mouth. But it wasn’t a rushing, rapid river. It was liquid words. The river had a melody!!! The river was singing a song of freedom!!! HOW COOL IS THAT?!
Then they told me to stand up. Um. What? Slowly, I stood.

“Put your foot down and stand on it.” WHAT??????! Okaaaayy…..

One woman began praying in tongues and the other was translating. At one point, one of the women said to me, “The Lord has given you a heavenly language. Open your mouth and speak.” I did. I had a certain feeling I have had many times before… it’s almost like my tongue is restless, if that makes sense. I began speaking. I don’t know if I spoke in tongues or not. But it was a release of whatever was inside of me.

And then they began praying for my leg.
“How does it feel?” they asked after they were done praying.

And I swear. My foot felt fine.

“Walk on it!” they urged.

I did! I walked fearlessly and painlessly!

I sat down again for some more praying. Unfortunately, my foot began to hurt again.

But you know what? For that time, no matter how small, I was HEALED. And I refuse to let God’s gift to me be cheapened by “time.”

I talked to Kara about it. She said it was a sign of inward healing. That wouldn’t surprise me.

My quick healing was an encouragement to be confident because, even if only for a moment, I walked without pain!

Before leaving me, they told me to keep walking. Figuratively, and literally.

After church, it was a pretty chill day. I hung out with Lindsay, Heather, and Liezel for a bit.

Worship practice was great. Each song holds new meaning for me now.

Happy Day
The greatest day in history,
Death is beaten
You have rescued me
Sing it out Jesus is alive
The empty cross, The empty grave
Life eternal
You have won the day
Shout it out Jesus is alive
He's alive

Oh happy day, happy day
You washed my sin away
Oh happy day, happy day
I'll never be the same
Forever I am changed

When I stand, in that place
Free at last, meeting face to face
I am Yours
Jesus You are mine
Endless joy, perfect peace
Earthly pain finally will cease
Celebrate Jesus is alive
He's alive

Happy day. That’s all I have to say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment