Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A is for Alpha!


3/7/11

90% of the day was spent in class… We began yet another course, called Community Engagement. Basically, it’s training for service sites. We have class from 8-4. Yippeeeee.

Our professor, Francis, is a genius. I truly believe that. I love to listen to him. But as of now, I am having issues relating his information to my life.

Before class began, he and his wife ran up to me (they are deceptively SPRY!!) “I am SO sorry!!! Are you alrrrrrright? (<- Rolling RRRs.) I heard you took a spill down the waterrrrfall!”
What a guy. And he totally remembered my name ALL DAY. Props, man! You WORK those goat skin shoes! J

No matter how genius a professor is, 8 hours of class is a bit long to pay attention. So I spent much of my time writing encouraging notes and praying. I didn’t even feel guilty. When Jesus is involved, that is SO worth my time. Hmph.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand now…….

I am super excited to announce…….

I am going to be an ALPHA LEADER!!! Hurrah!!!!!

Can’t wait for God’s awesome plans!!! BAH!!! THIS IS SO GREAT!!!!

Sigh. I feel like God is truly going to use me and grow me. I am incandescently happy!

I realized that THIS life I’m living, the one where I go to APU, was an Ambassador, found amazing friends, am studying abroad in SOUTH STINKING AFRICA, survived a water fall fiasco, am growing and learning every day, and am now an ALPHA LEADER, has NOTHING to do with the life that I planned. Nothing AT ALL.

But you know what?

This is so much better.

This is my Hallelujah song.

This is one very happy Renna J

But I am not only excited for myself… Which is the COOL part!

CONGRATS to next year’s RA’s!!! Lindsay (trinity), Zach (trinity), Mackenzie (trinity), Colton (UP), Tyler (UV), Logan (UV), PJ (Engstrom), KATIE FITZPATRICK, YOU FRESHMAN YOU!!!!!!! (Engstrom)

You guys. SO great.

And congrats, other Alpha leaders!!!

Randoms:
*A+ on my Zulu midterm!!!
*My foot hurts worse.
*We have had the BEST meals recently! Pizza, Mac and Cheese, and enchiladas!! Why do I like these? Because they are ALL bread and cheese. Good one, Ren.
*I am starting to freak out about rooming for next semester. HELP, JESUS!!! SO stressful.
*I for sure am going to try for RA eventually J
*I am getting super fast (well… fast for me) on my crutches! BAM! Dude. My arms and one leg are getting RIPPED. I feel it. And I don’t even have to pay to go to the gym. What is this?! SO good J
*“As a man thinketh, so he is.” Provebs 23:7. What do you think? Do you ponder thoughts of greatness, encouragement and possibility? Or do you rest on thoughts of bitterness, unforgiveness, and disappointment?

A lpha
L ove
P riceless
H appiness
A wesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment