Saturday, March 12, 2011

Not Even Gravity.


March 9, 2011

I had to fill out an incident form today!! Apparently defying death calls for paperwork. Huh.


It says “CONFIDENTIAL” Oooooohhhh scary! I promised Reagan I wouldn’t sue African Enterprise… But he made me fill it out anyway. Pshhh.

I really need some Jesus time today. I am feeling empty and need to be filled by the one who gives freedom. I don’t mind this feeling. I am looking forward to the growth that will come from it.

Today’s schedule:
8-4: Community Engagement
4:30-6: isiZulu
9-10: worship night.

WOOOOOO!!!!!!

I had an awesome revelation today! I have been searching for a parallel Bible story for my “water FALL.” (A little geographical humor for you) It came from our Bible study in Community Engagement. We studied the story of Jesus washing His disciples’ feet.

A quick recap of the story:
Jesus begins to wash his baffled disciple’s feet. Peter says, “Lord, what are you DOING?! I do not deserve to have my feet washed by you!”
Jesus replies, “If I do not wash your feet, you will have no part of me.”
Peter says, “Ok then, wash ALL OF ME!”
Jesus explains, “You are already clean. You only need your feet washed.”

How does this apply to me?
When God saved me from dying in the waterfall, he was washing my feet. I felt SO guilty. I did NOT deserve to be rescued, let alone BARELY injured! I became Peter. “God, WHY did you save me? I don’t want you to do that for me!”
But God said, “If I don’t rescue you, you can have no part in the plans I have made for you.”
And then I asked, “Lord, then break me physically SOMEHOW so that I may be used completely for your glory!”
He said, “Ren. I must only “wash” one of your feet. This is the plan I have for you, and THIS is how I want you to glorify me.”
So literally, Jesus washed my feet in water.
He still has plans for me.

And now I have seen evidence that
 “neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[k] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us? And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?

Literally, NOTHING, not even GRAVITY kept me from fulfilling the life God has in store for me.

And that, my friends, is pretty cool.

Worship night was AMAZING. Just what I needed! Colton, PJ and I lead it together. We picked about 6 songs and ended up playing about 10! The Spirit was moving, and it was glorious.

Props to all the people who came. I love that some of you legitimately want to spend more time with Lord, and choose to do so, even though we are required to go to chapel. It brings joy to my heart J

This was one of our impromptu songs. I think it is SO glorious:
God in my waking, God in my sleeping
God in my resting, there in my working
God in my thinking, God in my speaking
Be my everything, be my everything
Be my everything, be my everything

God in my hoping, there in my dreaming
God in my watching, God in my waiting
God in my laughing, there in my weeping
God in my hurting, God in my healing

Be my everything, be my everything
Be my everything, be my everything

Christ in me, Christ in me
Christ in me, the hope of glory
You are everything

Lord, be my everything.
Thanks Colton and PJ! You guys rock J
Then Heather and Colton (and Zachariah for a bit) had an awesome deep talk. SO good.
The final hurrah of the evening came when I fell and definitely bruised my bum! No bueno! Walking is definitely NOT one of my top strengths… J
We are BLESSED. Please don’t forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment