Saturday, March 12, 2011

Raindrops on Roses and THUNDERSTORMS and Sneezes.


3/12/11

SO… I don’t mean to be negative. But I have definitely had better days.

I accidentally left my alarm on for 6 AM, even though it’s a sleep in day. BOO. And then my nose was completely STUFFED and my throat KILLED. So I was up for an hour. Yaaay. Finally, I fell back asleep.

Debs and everyone else but Morgan, Sophia, Karissa, Callie and I went to Durban for some shopping. We were all alone! I spent most of my day attempting to read for Community Engagement. I didn’t do very well. But I DID catch up on blogging, so that was super positive!

I got to skype my soul sister for a while J Yaaaay!!! Miss you, Francesca!!!

Then I just kinda felt crappy, so I took a nap.

When I woke up, it was after dinner and it was THUNDERING and LIGHTNINGING like NOBODY’S BUSINESS!!! I kept expecting Jesus to come back. I literally have NEVER been so afraid of a storm in my entire life!! Thankfully, Morgan came in. We were literally HOLDING EACH OTHER, IT WAS SO SCARY!!!!! In order to fight fear, of course, we sang:

Raindrops on roses
And whiskers on kittens (THUNDER)
Bright copper (AHHHHHHH) kettles
And (LIGHTENING) warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages (JESUS?! IS THAT YOU?!) tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things! (More screaming in terror.)

We had a beautiful, blessed, deep talk! Hurrah! Highlight of my day!!! I love you, Morgan J God smiles as you live your life!

Then I got to skype Mama. Yay! As I was talking to her, a bunch of CRAZY GIRLS broke into our chalet, turned the lights off, and created a dance party in our hallway will super loud music. ALRIGHT! And then they remembered I was crippled and brought the party in my room. It was great J Yaaay for random dance parties!!

I worked on my schedule for next semester some. I am so excited for my classes!!! Oh, and being an ALPHA LEADER!!! HOORAYYY!!!

I am sad to report there is NO chocolate in the world today. This is definitely a chocolate day. Alas.

Hopefully, I shall get some sleep.

I am alone tonight, as Debs is still in Durban. Lonelyyyyy! I'm so lonelyyyyyyy!!!! Actually, it's kinda nice to have some alone time :)

Night, crazy African storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment