Monday, February 14, 2011

All the Single Ladies?


February 14, 2011

HAPPY RUB-IT-IN-YOUR-FACE-IF-YOU’RE-SINGLE DAY!!!!

This morning, 5:30 came VERY quickly. You’d think I went to bed around midnight or something! Nevertheless! Morgan and I are hardcore, so we went running yet again. Today was HARD. It was like starting all over again because I haven’t ran since Friday. Mehhh. Morgan was nice tho! And we made a time record, so it couldn’t have been THAT bad… J

It was lovely to then start my day with some lovely communication with Francesca J Joyous!!

Then Chapel. Ok. I LOVED leading “Heart of Worship.” I am praying my way into truly worshiping, and not focusing on musicality. I feel like I was successful today! Kara did WONDERFULLY on leading Indescribable as well!

Reg spoke about Heaven in chapel today. It was interesting. As much as I hate to admit it, I am PETRIFIED of going to Heaven. Not dying. Just living forever. I can’t wrap my mind around eternity and it FREAKS ME OUT!!!! Still, going to a place where there is no pain, suffering, poverty, loneliness, etc does sound pretty appealing. I am trying to think of it like an imaginary universe that I’ve read about that I want to go to (like Narnia), and then realize that I actually get to go! Note to self: Read ALL of the Chronicles of Narnia upon reentering US.

Then I was quite efficient in reading for InterComm. I rewarded myself with a nap J Super glorious, with the sun streaming in, with the sound of the waterfall and the heavenly breeze!

I can’t say there was much more “eventfulness” today… life has begun to settle in, and our days here are becoming “the norm.” This is positive and negative.

Still feeling somewhat alone. But I’m ok with it. Like, I’m growing with God. And I definitely have friends! I just feel more of a distance than in the states. Something I realized was that at APU, with thousands of people, you are forced to find more of a “friend group.” Here, I feel that when there are only 55 people, it is more, “hooray” with everyone. Of course there are cliques. But it’s more spread around-ish.

Actually. Come to realize it… there are definitely cliques and concrete friend groups here too. I’m just a free-floater, I feel. This means I feel comfortable with most, but super duper close to like one or two. I miss my best friends :(. 

I have an amazing roommate. She pretty much rocks my world! Love you, Debster J

Beginning to have more and more breathing issues. I think this is a sign of me being stressed with school? This week, I have a HUGE midterm on Wednesday in Zulu, and a 30 minute presentation in Intercomm (that was SUPPOSED TO BE ON MONDAY. Cough, cough).

Ok. Deal. If you have a girlfriend and don’t contact her AT ALL on Valentine’s day, you suck. I’m just saying. NOT cool, man. You don’t deserve her.

^Friendly advice for a relevant situation.

I miss Jesus today. Looking forward to getting in the Word.

Sigh. This study abroad thing is hard. TOTALLY worth it. Life changing. I’d like to think I’m WAY cooler NOW then… well… recently… And I’d like to say God and I are closer. So, those things alone make it the best thing ever. I just didn’t really count on it being difficult, I guess J The harder it is, the more I’ll grow, right?


Something I realized? I miss is touch. Hugs, etc. I haven’t been hugging people a lot here, mostly because I see them EVERY DAY and it would be weird. Go hug someone who needs it, ok? For me? J

Baha. Just realized that thinking of God as Aslan the lion is SO much cooler now. J

Yeah, that’s right. I went there. J

I am now looking forward to a year when I shall have a valentine. He will sing a song he wrote me with my name in it, right? So, all of the single ladies... I'm with you. :)


1 comment:

  1. Lol except that we already decided we were Valentining today... I don't know what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete