Friday, February 4, 2011

Caterpillar waiting to be a butterfly...


GOOD DAY. Quite glorious, if I do say so myself, dear ones! (<- ALWAYS reminds me of Aslan from Narnia!)

Awesome chapel! Refocused my perspective on how AWESOMELY BLESSED I am to be here, as well as in LIFE!!! Necessary, I think!

Lovely chat with Kayla and Kelly!
Bomb skype with Francesca and Danielle! A band aid for my heart! Highlight: Francesca read me the Pig of Happiness (BEST BOOK IN THE WORLD. CHANGED MY LIFE.) with different accents and Danielle acted it out. Best part? I didn’t tell them I was NOT alone, and did NOT have head phones in. Love you, guys J

Hike with Sophia, Morgan and Deb! We almost GOT LOST IN THE JUNGLE!!!!! But I don’t understand because we were FOLLOWING A TRAIL! HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?! We’re alive and well because I’m a junior ranger. That’s the ONLY reason. I knew that status would come in handy ;).

Mall run! I was quite successful.

Great fun after dinner! I experienced true community. A beautiful, beautiful thing J

Super chat with Allie!

Then ALPHA LEADER INTERVIEW!!! I had so much fun! This is where my audition experience comes in handy. I kind of have a God-given talent of ROCKING interviews. (Or at least I had fun. That’s the whole point for me!) I felt like I could totally be myself and chill and talk about Jesus for like 30 minutes. Kind of my favorite thing ever.

Eh! Hope I get it! If I don’t, God has other plans. HAKUNA MATATA!

Then, Tyler helped me with guitar. AH! Could my day get better?!

Deep chats with the Deb-ster. Love you, girl! You are so beautiful inside and out!!!

Today’s lessons/ epiphanies/ ponderings:


Recently, I’ve been dealing with feeling selfish about being a theatre major. But after talking with Mama Nightingale, I have been reminded of some important things…

Being a theater major is hard, when I’m surrounded with people who are SPECIFICALLY working for the Lord, you know? Biblical studies majors. Nursing majors. Youth Ministry. Spiritual counseling. Jazz hands. Somehow that last one doesn’t fit. But when have I ever “fit?” Nothing really comes to mind…. (not a bad thing J) And it’s hard when I remember Soweto (yep, we’re playing the memory game! OR refer to earlier post!). I want to be helping people directly! I also think its another confidence thing. I am trying to embrace that theatre IS what I have been called for, and I CAN use it DIRECTLY for Him. Lord, please open those doors! 


I have so many different feelings! (Feelings of excitement, not discontentment thought. Learned THAT ONE yesterday J) I want to stay here forever! I want to be home! I want to go to forest home! I want to go to NYC! (But NYC least of all.)

I always wonder if my desires are changing because I'm being called somewhere else? I don’t know.

I am contstantly reminded of that luscious and oh so brilliant quote, “Wherever you are, be all there.” I am trying to do that! I want to be socializing, but I need to study/ want alone time/ want prayer time! It was easier at APU because school came first and I wasn’t growing AS much.

I am a caterpillar, confined by the strains of my cocoon. Who will i be? Who do I want to be? Where should the balance lie? 

Sorry this blog probably wasn’t as entertaining. I’m quite tired and don’t have sarcasm to throw at any slightly unfortunate events because there weren’t any unfortunate events J

Hamba Kahle! (<- woah, I’m FLUENT!)

Love and Peace J

1 comment: