Friday, February 18, 2011

Bungie Jumping Training.


February 18th, 2011

A special hello J
So… I pretty much had the best day EVER. No joke. Didn’t run today (silent woo hoo!!!!) … kinda maybe forgot to set the alarm? Sorry Morgan!!!

Because the Zulu class never gets to join in on the fun group-sy shenanigans (we are the ONLY people with class at night) we organized our own little field trip to a game reserve.

Honestly, one of the best days. Like, for real. Ever.

The hike was BEAUITFUL! Magnificent! Extravagant! Breath-taking! Flawless! I have become a nature lover. It’s true. I kept thinking, “This is where I belong.” I wish I had the eloquence to describe my feelings… Bliss?

And the company was pretty much epic. I OFFICIALLY LOVE MY ZULU PEOPLE. It’s official. May it be known! I kept randomly having these amazing conversations with each of them. SO blessed.

WHAT DID WE DO TODAY?
-Scrambled on GIANT boulders
-Hiked in the blistering African terrain
-Craned our necks to see GIRRAFES!
-Saw ALL of the deer-wannabes possible (aka: I don’t know what they were. But they looked like a deer. Therefore, deer-wannabes. Obviously.)
-Went swimming in a magical lake/ rock pool
-Jumped off of TWO cliffs!
-Saw all of the insects from the Lion King
-Discovered a camping hideout
-Climbed in general

Ah. So many new experiences for me. And the entire group was completely encouraging and supportive… I love them.

As if my day could get any BETTER, I went to the mall with Kristina, Bethany, Miranda, Sophia, Morgan, and Debs for Chalet Bonding Time! We had a REAL MEAL!!!

So, I was deciding between three dishes. Sandwich, salad, and wrap. The CHOICES!!! But JUST as the waiter asks me what I want, out of the corner of my eye, I spy WAFFLES!!!! I was trying to be spontaneous. I was trying to walk on the dangerous side. Switch it up a bit!

So, I order the waffles. Whoaaaa CRAZY! I was oh so proud of my NOT-EVER-SPONTANEOUS self.

Then, after quite a bit, our awesome waiter (I think he was a girl-a-phobe. So great.) sneaks up to me and tells me the waffle maker is broken. NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I stood up, flipped my chair over, and screamed mean things at him.

But then he told me they’d make flap jacks instead. So I was all, Oh, OK cool. The first sign that I should NOT have been spontaneous. The next sign? When they brought my flap jacks and I see mushrooms, tomatoes, balsamic, and cheese.

But wait.

There’s more.

There was corn in my pancakes. CORN. In my pancakes. Hmm. I ask for syrup and get a weird look. Surprisingly, the syrup with the corn with the pancakes was quite respectable! Woot woot.

I love my chalet. Super great.

And now, I am officially exhausted. It was a magnificent day. Sigh. I mean, I trained for bungie jumping by leaping of of a cliff into a lake in Africa. Ha. Sounds like I’m making it up.

But I’m not J

No comments:

Post a Comment