Saturday, February 12, 2011

Zebra Hunting and Peed-in Pants.


I shall now make up for February 11, 2011.

DISCLAIMER: I would like to publicly apologize for slacking in my blog-toral duties. I don’t know what’s come over me… I shall do my UTMOST to be sure it doesn’t happen again!!!

HIGHLIGHTS OF MY YESTERDAY:

-RUNNING. Deb, Miranda, Morgan, Kelly, and I went traipsing through the forest at 5:30! I was absolutely KICKING myself for not bringing a camera! The sun was SPECTACULAR. AHHHH. It must be known. I want to be a photographer when I grow up J (right after being a rock star, obviously ;)

-CHAPEL. Not only did I get to sing with a GREAT team (Deb, Colton, and Riley), but they let me play guitar for “In Christ Alone.” It was SO FUN!!! It started off a bit rough, because we were trying a new rhythm and the “congregation” of you will… or “smelly Americans?” (Just kidding.) But once we whipped ‘em into shape, I’d say it was successful! It was truly a victory for me to play in front of people. I think God is really teaching me how to worship and lead worship. It is a beautiful thing. More as that develops. But it felt SO GREAT to play guitar… I can’t even describe. AH.

-SKYPING WITH FRANCESCA. Danielle and Kelsi came in at the end, but it was mostly the Fran-in-a-tor. (Haha you prob don’t like that! I’ll work on it!) Dearest, I am SO PROUD OF YOU!!! You are listening to God and learning… He is using you already, I SWEAR. I don’t think you understand how much of a wonderful influence you’ve been on me! I love you so much, dude. It must be said.

-WORSHIP NIGHT. I loved having a chill time with God. It was so great to be able to cry. For no reason. A lot’s been going on. And it was beautiful to be able to let it out, just me, God, and the music. Had an AMAZING talk with Jenny! Girl! You are SO AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks for everything J



Feb 12

Saturday = FIELD TRIP DAY!!!

But before all of the wonderful field-ish festivities began,

Deb, Kayla, Allison and I decided to go Zebra hunting.

It was 6:20 in the morning, so our chances of finding these great beasts were slim. Would they still be there? Or would they have dispersed deep into the jungle by then?!

Disappointment struck when, at first, the zebras weren’t in their usual “hang out.”

Would this be a fruitless excursion?! Plus, the fog had rolled in. Not in a cool way. More like a “HEY you jipped me of the sun” way.

HOOOOORAYYYYYYY!!!! <- the sound my heart made when we found them! Our hunt had been successful! I aimed my weapon at the striped masterpieces and shot. A HIT! I KNOW you think I’m crazy, but I HAD to have proof that I’d seen one. Come one. WHEN am I getting this chance again?!

Yep. I shot it. With my camera.

J

Then we were off to the Drakensberg Mountains! The bus ride was upwards of 2 ½ hours. I enjoyed it very much J I owe much of this to the beautiful Kara. AH! I love this girl so much! It’s so funny… she is one of the oldest people here (she’s a nursing student… this is their senior-ish semester) and I am definitely the youngest. Of COURSE I would naturally get along with the people FARTHEST from my age. J Kara said I was one of the coolest people she ever met J Make my LIFE, why dontcha?!

Ok, so on this bus ride, I was staring out the window. And it looked like Wyoming. In the BEST way possible! It made my heart YEARN for my summer state! I was reflecting on this AMAZING adventure. I could stay here forever. I realized I could stay here forever if I only had one thing: my family. (Dear friends, you count as family.)

When we arrived, I was SHOCKED by the beauty to BEHOLD!!!!!! My eyes QUITE possibly viewed the most BEAUTIFUL sight of my oh-so-long-life. Pictures are going up on facebook soon!!!

This hike was literally DAZZLING. As if it NEEDED any improvement, the sky decided to send some love in the form of rain. The BEST way to keep cool. SO GREAT.

Our final destination, however, was DEFINITELY overshadowed by the hike. The main goal of this expedition was to see “the Bushmen Caves." Apparently, one of the earliest forms of man painted on some rocks. Our tour guide had a CRAZY heavy accent, and I only understood about 10% of what she said. I could have made that up, just so you know. J

Luckily, there was only MINIMAL complaining, even when the going got tough. I ran away from it as quickly as possible. Survival mode J.

Best quote of the day, compliments of Kara: “The best friends are like peeing your pants. Everyone can see, but only you can feel the warmth.” Niiiiiice.

Then I guilted Janet, our awesome Coordinator into hooking us up with McFlurries! I was devastated to discover that South African McDonalds only carry oreo and some strawberry contraption, not my Reese’s! Sniff, sniff!

My night ended with watching Harry Potter 4 with the girls. SO FUN!!! ‘Twas excellent snuggle time! Haha. J

PS: today I felt super lead to go to Europe!!! Spring 2011, Rome, anyone? :) We'll see! 

Ahh J Just two days in the life of… well… me. Whew.


I just want to say again how I appreciate you reading this. Please keep me in your prayers and let me know how I can pray for you. (I’m SERIOUS.)

Grace and Mercy. And peed-in pants. 

2 comments:

  1. (Mike P) So glad you are able to play the guitar and worship lead.... keep it up, and I will continue to encourage your brother to not give up on the bass. Also, jealous of your wilderness/zebra experiences.... also longing for Wyoming!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG YOU ARE TEACHING ME GUITAR THIS SUMMER!!!!!!!! Uhm worship jam seccion all day every day? Yup.

    ReplyDelete