Sunday, February 27, 2011

Miss Fruitcake, the Zip Liner!


February 26, 2011

I missed Morgan a lot today! No one to enjoy the sunrise with!

And now, a poem for Morgan Peterson entitled, "Come Back."



I miss you. Come back. 

And I stole a blue ribbon to honor you :)

And I miss running. Come back.



Yep. I should change majors to English. Wow. Sometimes, I astound even myself :)

The main event of my day, or rather, my LIFE, was….

Drumroll, please….

ZIP LINING!!! I HAVE BEEN WAITING MY WHOLE LIFE TO GO ZIP LINING!!!!

If I had to choose a super power, hands-down, it would be flying. There is no question. I also saw zip lining as training for bungie jumping!

I had the best zip lining group ever: PJ, Destiny, Annaliessa, Debs, Rachel, Sophia, and Mackenzie. So much fun.

It was literally like flying!!! That was the only way to describe it.

Best part: Obviously, I was very excited. Richard, one of our tour guides, looked at me and was all, “How old are you?!” Um… well… you have to be 18 to go without a guardian signature… so I definitely had to twist the truth…. Which I feel bad about, but come on. I had to go zip lining. In AFRICA, for Pete’s sake!
“I’m 18.”
“How long have you been in Africa?”
“About a month. How long have you been in Africa?” Now he started laughing at me. Obviously, he was African.
“I was bohn heh! “(<- accent.->) “You ah a fwoootcake. Ah you ready, Miss fwoootcake?”
Hmm. Miss fruitcake. Positive? Negative? I don’t know. But from that moment on, I was Miss Fruitcake. Sure, why not?

Once again, I have found my new profession! That means I will be a dolphin trainer/ zip lining instructor. Oh YEAH!

Ok, it was so BEAUTIFUL. I was in awe! The scenery looked PAINTED. I couldn’t handle it. Definite hallelujah moments.

The rest of the day, I pretty much hung out with Zach. Which was awesome. Besides amazing God talk and laughter, I finally discovered the powder-water ratio for magnificent hot chocolate. I’d call that success.

A completely positive day J Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment