Sunday, February 27, 2011

No Prayer Chapel after Singing to the King.


February 27, 2011

This was somewhat of a confusing day.
I woke up at 7:30 thinking, “OHMYGOSH I MISSED CHURCH!!!!” and was totally depressed! But then I realized… I had NOT missed it. But everyone and their mother decided to sleep in today so it was a GHOST TOWN! So empty!

This lead me to the decision of attending church TONIGHT instead of this morning and having quiet time instead.

My quiet time was exceedingly successful. I read Isaiah and completely enjoyed it! I also got a lot of prayer and journal time in. I know what you’re thinking. She JOURNALS TOO?! Isn’t BLOGGING extensive amounts DAILY ENOUGH?! But no, mi amigos. The written word captivates me. Plus I’ve got a cool journal, so I can’t really NOT use it.

Then I got some MAJOR skype time! At first I was DEPRESSED, because I realize I missed my skype date with Francesca and Danielle… How DARE I be asleep at 5:30?! Ugh. BUT! I got to talk to the mama, which was positive. And RIGHT as Mom signed off, WHO would call me, but the one and only gremlins themselves?! Ah, FATE!

I really needed this chat. So positive, encouraging, necessary, etc. You two are good for the soul. Just saying J I skipped lunch to talk to these lovelies, so Debs made me a PB&J! MY FAVORITE! I enjoyed it immensely, just in case you wanted to know J

Then I actually buckled down and did some Zulu. Not going to lie, I was proud of myself. Why?... who KNOWS.

Aaaaand promptly at 5:45, a bunch of us headed out to SUPER SUNDAY at North Hills Church! It is our SECOND SUPER SUNDAY, meaning, obviously, this is our SECOND month here! I CAN’T BELIEVE IT!!! So crazy!!! The service was quite positive indeed, but not mind blowing.

The pastor spoke about how God is the only one that can fill your every need and desire. True THAT.

Upon returning, there was worship practice! WOOOO! I get to lead my favorite song, my secret DREAM song, “Sing to the King” on guitar AND vocals tomorrow! Hurrah!!! So happy! And I am playing on two other songs as well. Yayyyy J

After practice, I went to the prayer chapel. The lights were dark. I go inside, and THERE, sleeping, AGAIN, is this black man! This is the SECOND week in a ROW! I just want some Jesus time in the prayer chapel! Is that so WRONG, for PETE’S SAKE?!

I decided I wasn’t quite ready to go back to my room…

…. So here I sit, composing this OH so lovely blog OUTSIDE of the prayer chapel. This would be a lovely situation if there were stars out tonight. But alas, SIGH.

Sigh. Again.

Ok a bull frog is croaking. Weird.

Welp. Guess I better get some shut eye… running begins again tomorrow morning!! I hope I’m as excited tomorrow as I am now J

Good night, moon.
Good night, world.
Good night those I’ll see soon.
Good night, you with your hair curled….? Meh, it rhymes J

No comments:

Post a Comment