Sunday, February 6, 2011

"He is my light, my strength, my song."


Feb 6

Words that comforted me today:

In Christ Alone
Songwriters: Getty, Julian Keith; Townend, Stuart Richard;

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm

What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand

In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless Babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save

?Til on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live, I live

There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again

And as He stands in victory
Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life’s first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny

No power of hell, no scheme of man
Could ever pluck me from His hand
‘Til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I stand

I will stand, I will stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground, all other ground
Is sinking sand, is sinking sand
So I stand

Today in church, a man stopped breathing. People rushed to help him. We were asked to leave the building. He was administered CPR for quite a while. Then an ambulance came.

While this was going on inside the church, about 10 of the girls from APU were praying together. Something that amazed me was how everyone in that church pulled together in a crisis. Do we have that at our church?

Our bus driver took us back to AE after that.

The whole day, I was affected by this. I do not know if he is still alive. I don’t know how to deal with this. I did not know that man. But I could have been apart of his last few moments of life. How are you supposed to comprehend that?

Something I learned vividly today was that life is SO temporary. What are you doing with THIS moment? NOW is where God is! HERE is where He put you! So what are you doing about it?

My friend Tyler said, “It’s out of our hands. It began that way, and it’s still that way. All we can do is pray.” This was very comforting. It was a good reminder that the will of God is stronger than any humanly sickness. I know that man is alive if God wants him to be.

I had a great skype time with Francesca. Girl, you are my soulmate. Friends for life! Thank you for listening to me and for your comforting words! You are wonderful.

I spent much of my day completing the applications to study abroad in Rome for spring 2012, as well as to work at Forest Home for the summer.

The main event of my day besides church was worship practice. Tomorrow is the second day we will be leading. Tomorrow, we are doing something very experimental. We are spreading out around the borders of the room and having the people stand in the center. The goal is not only to surround them with sound, but to make it more of a worship experience and less of a show.

I had a great talk with Colton. For a bit, we ended up talking about what beauty is, and he shared this quote: “God is the most beautiful thing we know
and we haven't even seen him.”
TRUE beauty isn’t even seen! Think about that! WHY do we obsess and obsess over what we look like?! That’s not who we are! I refuse to be defined by what I look like. I wish to be defined by the content of my heart.

This day has been very challenging. What am I supposed to say?

“Blessed be your name
on the road marked with suffering
though there’s pain in the offering,
blessing be your name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be your name.”

My heart WILL choose to say, on Christ alone I stand. Lord, blessed be your name.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Colton way to go! In captivating i was reading how little beauty has to do with appearence, the same way we are brought to tears by a beautiful song. We don't see it, but it's still beautiful. I'm so proud of you!!! "Stand for everything that is light and wonderful and true and beautiful." -The POH

    ReplyDelete