Friday, February 25, 2011

Waste Not a Moment.


February 25, 2011

SLEEP IN DAYYYYY!!!!

Morgan left me to go to another COUNTRY for Pete’s sake… I am so jealous! (It was for Human Growth. Boo) But anyway, this allowed me to sleep in until 7:00! Wooooooooo! And then, who should call me besides my lovely Danielle and Francesca?! Such a good way to start my day!!!

OH yes, and I got to see Hannah and Mckenna!!! What a beautiful surprise!!!! You guys, I LOVE MY VIDEO!!!!  I would record you one… but I can’t. Ahem. So, instead, I give you a shout out on my lovely blog J Yes? Yes. HANNAH CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! SO GREAT!!!!!!! When are nationals?!!?!?! Yaaaaayyyy!!!! Mckenna. I miss you SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!

Singing for chapel was amazing. I LOVED the songs we did. AH. It was such a great worship time. I hope everyone else thought so too!

The speaker talked about how God used him in computer science. It was such a great reminder that I CAN be used in theatre by the Lord! HA!

Then Zulu took yet ANOTHER trip! Woot! This time it was to a little market named after a waterfall. It was really fun. I got a super cool bag that was made in the Himalayas and looks like a sunset. I also got an African spoon! This is my dream: In my house, I want to have collected silverware from ALL over the WORLD! So this was my first spoon for my future household J Yaaaay!

After going to the market, we went to Pietermaritzberg and walked around for two hours. By this time, we were all beat and just kinda wanted to leave. At the very end, Wailana, Allie, Shayna and I went into this BEAUTIFUL building, just because it was pretty, and were all, “Hi… we’re Americans…. What is this?” Turns out it was City Hall! JACKPOT! The architecture was GORGEOUS. Ohmygoodness. And the man we asked happened to be City Hall security. He took it upon himself to give us a tour of the building, and walk us across the street to the art museum and ALSO give us a tour of that! He was so nice! One of life’s lovely gifts. Shmanks J

Upon reentry, I buckled down and did some Zulu homework. Meh. Still have more to go…

At dinner, I talked to one of the CLC’s, Sarah Jane. One of her boyfriend’s friends was not a Christian. It had been on her heart to tell him about the Lord. Each time she tried, she was interrupted. Today, he died. I don’t know what he died of…

I am so sad for Sarah Jane. It is once again a reminder that life is SO short! What are you doing to make it count?!

I always remember this story: A Christian boy was riding on a bus with many of his friends, who did not follow God. The bus crashed and they died. After dying, they were faced with the golden gates of heaven.
All the boys asked, “What is this place? Where are we?”
 The Christian replied, “Oh, this is the entrance to heaven, where we will be judged!”
“Why didn’t you tell us?” the boys asked.

Our faith is not something that is to be kept secret. We have no idea which day, which moment, will be our last.

I went to the prayer chapel to journal and pray things out. I LOVE the prayer chapel. I journaled for a good long time, and then may or may not have fell asleep. God work me up literally one minute before worship night began!

I sprinted all the way there. MADE IT.

May it be known: I love worship nights. They are truly great. I wish they happened weekly.

Afterwards, I got to pray and talk with Kara. I am trying to be vulnerable and honest so that the Lord can truly grow me. That, folks, is HARD. I am not used to honesty. But, how can God fix what I am struggling to hold way deep down inside? That is a lesson I learned yesterday.

ZIP LINING TOMORROW!!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waste not a moment, my friends. Waste not a moment. 

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see picture of zip lining!!! Please be sure to post!!!

    ReplyDelete