Monday, April 18, 2011

A Dark Day Has Come


April 17, 2011

So… I may or may not be experiencing a bit of homesickness!

(Slow motion.) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This morning, I attended my first Anglican church service, which is how I had my first taste of wine. Communion was a bit of a surprise to me. Where was the Hawaiian bread and grape juice?! That wine was BITTER. I literally have no desire to drink that stuff again for at LEAST a very long time. ICK.

It was a pretty chill day. I got to take a little cat nap, which was positive.

Lunch was AMAZING. I swear, anything Corinne and Paul make is touched by Jesus.

At about four, we went to a market. It was good family fun J

Yeah. SO I pretty much missed my family horribly today.
Mom, Tommy, Dad, Nana, Mike, Jenn, and Mocha. You guys. I miss you. Yep. That pretty much sums it up.

It was nice to have a chill day. School tomorrow!!! I have 6 more days of class to finish up History and Culture. Which I don’t get credit for. But, I am kind of excited… Don’t know why… but I am J.

My lovely host family doesn’t have a shower, so I braved the bath tonight! Not going to lie, it was a bit of an adventure. I do believe I shall take a bubble bath upon reentry.

So I realized something about parenting today. It is a FULL TIME job. Like, EVERY minute of the day! I do not know how parents have the energy to raise small kids! It will be by the grace of God if I’m successful as a parent!

I would love some prayer support. I do NOT want to spend my next 3 ½ weeks wanting to go home! Not that I want to go home. But I am really missing it. I know that God still has things to teach me here, so I want to be open and receptive to those lessons!!! Help.

It also stinks to have super duper limited internet access. Translation: no connection to my support group. And I can’t post my blogs daily. It was a real comfort to know that you, my lovely readers were with me day by day, if that makes any sense.

Yep. I’m feelin’ it. And I’m rambling.

So I suppose I’ll stop now… Yeah. I’m pretty sure I’m sounding pretty dang pathetic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment