Wednesday, April 13, 2011

If Life Was a Race...


April 10, 2011

I woke up to one of my favorite sounds: the ocean tumbling on the shore. The first thing Debs says to me is, “I want to stay here forever.”
I second that!!!

Another bus day!
We watched:
-Step Up: LOVE. Joy to my HEART! And now that the two leads are MARRIED?! AH. Dude. Nuff said.
-John Tucker Must Die: I enjoyed it more the second time around. I love Brittany Snow.
-Taken: AHHH!!! So GOOD! So stressful!! But it shows you an earthy depiction of what our heavenly father will do for us. AH. We have yet to finish it.

At lunch, we stopped at this diner-ish place called “Wimpy.” I convinced EVERYONE that the reason it was called such a lame name was because of THIS:

Once upon a time, there was a boy who LOVED to cook. He cook all the time!! But he tended to overindulge on what he cooked because it was SO DARN TASTY! This resulted on him having a less-than-model-worthy body. All of the kids at school mocked him and called him wimpy! He decided the best revenge was to become a millionare by creating a world-renowned restaurant and dedicating it to all those out there who are made fun of because they enjoy eating!!

Yep. They all believed me. Suckers. :P

Dude, I have been feeling SASSY all day! Whew, watch OUT.

After lunch, we drove .2 seconds to our hotel. Debs and I are roomies! SHOCKER! I just can’t get rid of her… :P

I played BS and Spoons with Callie, Jenny, Micah, Allie, and Melinda. It twas quite loverly.

Then Tyler pushed me in the pool. JERK!!!

BEACH! Ah! It was so beautiful!!! But it was fffrrrreeezzzzzing by the time we got there, so I didn’t go in. But oh, the beauty. Hey, Lord? SO good. You really outdid yourself on the whole creation thing J

A bunch of us found this playgroud! It was awesome! We played Lava Monster. Here’s the deal: I don’t think I’ll ever be super positive at games that requite coordination and speed and skill. Ahem. But I still had a good time. The best part was when I found a legit hiding spot, so no one chased me! WINNER!!!

Then we ate dinner at some fancy shmancy place of which I cannot completely comprehend or remember the name. Mogran and I split an AMAZING plate of Lasagna! Oh my lanta. De-lish.

We all met two foreign guys! One was from Ireland, and one was from Germany! Hurrah!!! I HAVE to go to those places, PS.

Something cool about our location: Right on the beach, they were having an Iron Man Marathon. For those of you who are sports illiterate (myself included, don’t be sad!), an Iron Man is a triathlon (<- apparently that’s how you spell it?! WHO KNEW?!) that includes swimming, biking, and running.

The first thing that pops into my mind: EW.

But after that, the word RESPECT rings and rings in my mind! AH. We watched these people pass for HOURS. I don’t even understand how they have the skill, preservation, determination, focus, and TALENT, to attempt, let alone accomplish this! CRAZY, man!!! Woah.

But as far as life goes, I think I can relate.

I want to finish my race.

And I want to finish it strong.

But it’s really really about the finish. It’s about the journey. And so far? My life’s journey has been remarkable.

Thanks, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment