Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Second Round Safari


Safari Daaaaaaay 2!

The morning came early, it seemed… Oh wait… that’s because it WAS EARLY! 5 AM, baby! Woooo! It was pitch black. Now, I am a morning person. Truly, I am. But it gets a little tricky to be chipper when it’s BLACK outside! No light! No sunshine! No vitamin D! CAN’T FUNCTION!

Our sink was plugged this morning. And the water was murky and brown… mixed with our spit and face wash remnants… It was YUMMY!

Especially when my toothbrush fell in.

NOOOOOOOO!! GROSS, MAN! NOT ok.

Ayiyiyi.

We took a LOONG ride first off, to drive to breakfast. It turned out to be a three HOUR drive to breakfast!

But it was EPIC. RIGHT as we left the reserve, we saw ELEPHANTS!! I think they are my favorite animal to watch. I was in the third car. The first car was almost charged!! I was so jealous. It was a fantastic way to start the day.

I drove with Andrew first off. In my car, there was Kara, Liana, Micah, Colton, Jenny, Matt, and Kristina. We had a lot of fun singing the Lion King: “In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps toniiiiiiight! AH BUM BUH WAAAAAYYY!!!”

We saw giraffes up close and personal! We legit FOLLOWED it down the road! I’ve never been so close to a wild animal!

At lunch, Baba commandeered Andrew’s car.

Our after lunch drive was not as eventful.

It began to rain. So ccccold in that Indiana Jones car!

When we returned, we had an awesome dinner once more.

Kelsey, Leslie, Callie, Shayna, Mary Bette, Zach and I played BS. I LOVE that game. It brought me back to my theatre days… I always played that backstage.

Unfortunately, I got sick during the night. Not so positive. But it was cool because I spent the entire time I was awake in prayer. It was really good, for real! So I was grateful to be awake on SAFARI in AFRICA! My life, man.

It was beautiful when I actually got to fall asleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment