Saturday, April 30, 2011

Hit in the Face by Glory


April 25, 2011

Sharing a bathroom with 7 other girls is a great way to start the morning! Lots of super close love… or something like that.

This was a chapel/ class day.

I LOVE chapel days. So positive.

In worship, we sang beautiful songs that were such great reminders of what Jesus did for us:

Mighty to Save
Everyone needs compassion
A love that’s never failing
Let mercy fall on me
Everyone needs forgiveness
The kindness of a savior
The hope of nations

Savior, He can move the mountains
My God is mighty to save
He is mighty to save
Forever, Author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

So take me as you find me
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
Now I surrender

Shine your light and
Let the whole world see
We’re singing
For the glory
Of the Risen King

We also sang “Holy is the Lord.” Not going to lie. That song has been SO OVERSUNG my entire life. So much so, that it never held much meaning for me, as I began to block it out.

Today, however, I decided to munch on the lyrics.
And… they’re pretty spectacular. I guess. :P

Holy is the Lord,
God Almighty!
The earth is filled with His glory.

I feel like I’ve never truly liked or understood the word “holy.” I immediately associate the word with “holy cow.” Which… you know… is definitely NOT what Chris Tomlin meant.

But when I truly stop and think about the word “holy,” I think of the word “sacred.” Sacred means too clean, too perfect, too magnanimous to be defiled by ordinary people like me.

Often, I have found that Christians don’t take their relationship with Christ very seriously. I wonder if that’s because we are encouraged, and BLESSED, to enter into a RELATIONSHIP with Christ. That’s the purpose of Christianity in its essence, and that’s how we grow and learn and become more like our Father. (That’s my opinion, anywho!)

I believe that we forget that our God is holy. He is sacred. We are not entitled to be in a relationship with Him. We are not worthy, or pure, or clean enough to consider ourselves as an equal in a relationship, of course.

I want us NEVER to forget that we must humble ourselves to be with Him! It is a PRIVELIGE, not a right. And that deserves respect.

I am reminded of this when I am face to face with His glory. Which is pretty much always, because the earth is filled with it.

It can be hard to notice in our busy lives in the same place.

But I’ve been so lucky to go somewhere new.

And His glory is hitting me in the face.


The rest of my day, I pretty much worked on my final paper. I am writing 6 pages on art used as a form of protest in South Africa. Besides a group project that is due tomorrow, I will be DONE with assignments for Quinton’s class as soon as I knock out this paper! Which… may be a while… because I am just NOT motivated. And… with the internet being what it is… let’s just say, I am predicting a bit of a process.

Got to hang out with Morgan for a bit! Super positive! We were going to have a dinner date, but, alas… she is staying at the Bed and Breakfast, NOT BI, so there were transportation issues. Sniff, sniff.

For dinner, Noelle made our house wannabe Mac ‘N Cheese! Which was AWESOME because I MISS IT!!!! I definitely expect to be eating that a lot next semester (AHEM, Roomies ;)

So, tonight, I leave you with this thought. I can’t take credit for it; I stole it from Mackenzie (he spoke in chapel this morning.)

Live a life as full of love as you can possibly muster, in the victory of Jesus Christ.
(Yep. That’s pretty much my life goal. J)
Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment