Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fat Balls and Ugly Flashbacks


March 30, 2011
WEDNESDAY

Last FULL day at Ethembeni!

Fat balls. WHAT?! Yes. We experienced Fat Balls. WHAT are they?! DEEP fried ZULU BREAD. EPIC. They were HEAVY!!! Dense hunks of deep fried DEATH. But did I mention they were glory-filled death?! OH my word. They are a zulu snack. Yikes. The memory STILL haunts!

I may or may not have had a slight mental breakdown. Everything was hitting me at last. The gravity of the lives of the little ones of Mpophomeni. Leaving them and never returning. Karissa, Tyler, and Shayna were so supportive. Thank you, team!

I wrote a script for Nonjabulo and our staff for the talent show tomorrow! It shall be epic. No lie. J

NETBALL! This afternoon we played netball. For the first time, I actually played. It was a whole lotta peer pressure and my ankle wasn’t killing me. Therefore? PLAY!!!

Then I realized WHY I never played before, besides my lame gimp-hood. This phrase replayed in my mind like a broken record:  THIS IS AN UGLY FLASHBACK FROM MY CHILDHOOD. Again and again and again!!! WHY do I suck at sports?! It was so sad, you guys. SO depressing.

Obviously… I am writing this quite a bit later… I apologize for being behind on my blogging… but honestly, I have been living it up over here. Therefore, I don’t feel guilty J But this is all I remember from Wednesday. Hurrah. J

No comments:

Post a Comment