Saturday, April 30, 2011

Don’t Fear Death, But Rather the Unlived Life


April 23, 2011

Happy Saturday!

Debs and I got to sleep in!!! Well… a little… but there’s this little thing I like to call “the Alarm Before the Alarm,” the lovely Parker. She loves to make noise in the morning! Well… any time, really…

But hey! We got to sleep a little longer than usual!

After breakfast, Corinne, Luke, Jordan, Debs, Parker and I went to the mall. It was awesome! Debs and I got some groceries for the week:
-Granola (addicted)
-Strawberry Yogurt (divine with the granola)
-Cheese (to go on the break from the nearby bakery!)

Francesca and Danielle! I was practicing for our apartment! Woooohoooo!!!! (Love you guys. Just in case you forgot J)

Then I got to go to Clicks and pick up some toiletries. Super Positive!

Apparently, Mama Corinne wanted to reward us all for being such good children, so she took us to Wimpy’s for ice cream! I swear. I have never eaten so much ice cream in my life. This won’t last much longer, folks.

Then Corinne had to go back to Pick ‘N Pay. The crowds were HORRIFIC in there! The cues were MILES LONG! I realized I needed toothpaste. So I had my one item in a line that was taking years. But I decided to be super fine with waiting and grateful to be in Africa. The man behind me said,
“I think it’s totally unfair that you have to go through all of THIS just for THAT.” What’s wrong with this toothpaste, pal?! Just kidding.
“Oh, it’s really no big deal. I don’t mind. Thanks, though!”

When I FINALLY got up to the front, the man said, “You are a very patient girl. Good luck to ya.” Well. Perhaps I was a shining non-complainer for the day? Cool beans J

When we returned home, there was just an hour before departing. SO sad! Corinne sad with Debs and me and told us a very significant story of her life. I will never forget it.

Then we drove to the church. It was really sad to say goodbye to my family AGAIN. Gosh dang.

Corinne gave Debs and me a picture frame of us with the Georges! It is so cute! I love it. SO sweet.

Then we headed back to BI. I am currently in an apartment with Debs, Jessie, Kim, Carmen, and Noelle. Should be good! Looking forward to getting to know them better!

PLUS!! I HAVE BETTER INTERNET!!!!! PRAISE JESUS!!!!!!! HOLY HOSANNA!!!! AH. So happy.

I only have 20 days left.

That sounds so SHORT!
But really… that would sound so LONG to me before I came here. The longest I’d really ever been anywhere was about two weeks.

So, I have about three weeks.

OH my.

God, what do you have for me in these twenty days?

For dinner, the people at BI and I went once again to the pancake and waffle house. I got a chicken and avocado crepe! Woot! It was surprisingly tasty.

Once we were back at the house, I began my South Africa slideshow! I have high hopes for it! It should be positive J

I got to skype with Mama for a bit tonight!

Debs and I are sharing this room that we assume used to belong to kids. On the walls, there are random quotes.

My favorite?

“Don’t fear death, but rather the unlived life.”

Amen.

Are you truly living?

I think I am. And I am learning how to be true to myself and my Lord in a PLETHURA of situations. And I’m doing my best. I know I don’t have it down perfectly yet, but I am LIVING. And I believe I am living life to the full J.

It may be a bit of a hard week. Prayers are appreciated!

But I think it will result in a lot of Ren-and-Jesus time. And… I am missing the down side of that J

Hey… this applies to Easter!

Jesus didn’t fear death.

He feared that we would lead lives that weren’t truly lived. He feared that we wouldn’t be able to live eternally for him.

So he defeated death so that we might spend forever living with Him in Heaven.

Happy Easter Eve J

No comments:

Post a Comment