Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Something Different


April 1st, 2011

Friday.

CHAPEL! There was something different at this chapel. Normally, people enjoy chapel, but you can tell that some are more into it than others. Today, everyone seemed to hold a raw humility and new reverence for God. We have been broken. And everyone has been broken in different ways. Yet, we have all been broken together. After chapel:

CLASS. ALL day. Each service site presented a video and shared about their experience. I cried during iThemba’s.

It was amazing to see God’s plan in each site. He hand picked each individual and tailored each experience to grow every person in a new specific way. Some people were more impacted than others. But I honestly believe that everyone has been changed in some way, no matter how small. And I also know that in the future, more and more change will result from service sites. It was such a blessing to hear about everyone’s experiences.

The Ethembeni staff came to hear our presentation!

It was precious. We ALL cried at some point. Because the staff was there, we were able to tell them how they have impacted us and how they have changed us! We will be forever blessed because of what they showed us.  
I am in awe of how these wonderful people wake up every day and have the strength to spread hope, light, life, and love to the hurting but beautiful children of Mpophomeni. They pour their hearts and souls into Ethembeni! I am so inspired. Once again, a life just isn’t worth living if it’s lived for oneself. Thank you for reminding me of that, you wonderful people!
There was so much embarrassing bawling going down. It was great.

The only other exciting thing of my day was going in the game reserve. I am going to miss it so much!

Final activity of the day: Packing for Safari! I am so excited! Animals aren’t really my thing, per say… but I’m sure it’ll be great J

Til tomorrow, dear one!

No comments:

Post a Comment