Wednesday, April 13, 2011

God of This City


April 13, 2011

Commencing: the FINAL leg of our Road trip to Cape Town!

Our road tripping is officially complete. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! (The crowd goes WILD!!!)

Shelli was my bus buddy today. We had a party making bracelets!

The movies of the day:
-Princess Bride. My favorite movie of ALL TIME!!! I had to restrain myself from quoting just about every line. Cough, cough.
-Star Trek. Ok, I was totally surprised, but I LOVED it! Who knew there was a resident sci-fi geek livin’ in me?!

After Star Trek, I took a glorious nap.

I awoke to our AMAZING bus driver, Emmanuel, announcing, “Welcome to Cape Town!” My eyes fluttered open. I took in the sight to behold.

And almost fell out of my seat.

There loomed Table Mountain.

Table Mountain is indisputably the most majestic, regal, awe-inspiring sight I have ever laid eyes upon. It was breathtaking. I cannot WAIT to climb it!!!!

We arrived at our hotel. Cape Town reminds me SO much of Beverly Hills or Newport! Rich, Beach-front homes. There is a cooling, refreshing breeze whispering through the air.

After settling in, we had Orientation: Cape Town status.

Dear ones. I AM SO EXCITED!!! This seems like these last few weeks are going to be GLORIOUS. Absolutely MAGNIFICENT!!!

After this meeting (I don’t know if anyone else is as excited as I am… WHAT IS WRONG with me!?) we walked over to Eastern Bazaar.

I LOVED it. Cape Town is RIDICULOUSLY beautiful. Picture a CLEAN New York with the architecture of Europe with the back drop of… oh yeah… AFRICA. The mountains and the sky…. Oh my word. SO BEAUTIFUL. Oh, and with buildings that looked freakishly like Pomona College. (Where is Some Crust, Mom? J)

The homeless people here look very different from the homeless people in LA. For some reason, the homeless people I saw today have a very wild look in their eyes. I am not someone experienced in the art of drug usage, but even I could tell these people were on something. It was a bit scary…

I felt God tell me that His hand is on this city. It was awesome J

The Eastern Bazaar was AWESOME. I thought I was going to HATE it. It was bursting with people, loud, busy, crazy… it made me want to go to India! There were foods from all over the world. It was great. LOVED it!!! I got Chicken and fried rice. YUM.


Janet and a bunch of the girls stalked me tonight on Google. It was great.

This is an amazing comment I received from on one of my APU blogs:


I take pleasure in, cause I found exactly what I was having a look for. You have ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

Um. YES. Glorious.

Tonight was my first night with internet since Saturday. It was kind of nice J

Debs and I are planning to watch “While You Were Sleeping!”

NIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment