Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Jump.


April 11, 2011

BUNGY JUMP DAY!!!

I did not jump.

“WHYYYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?”

^That was the common reaction.

Ok, here’s the deal.

The MAIN reason I didn’t jump: My ankle still hurts. And they attach you by your ankles. I’ve heard SO many stories of people who were ALMOST better! But then! ALAS! They do something stupid. (Something WAY less stupid than bungy jumping.) And then they have issues for the rest of their life.

The SECONDARY reason I didn’t jump: I admit it. This morning, I was SCARED! Scared out of my wits like a little bunny.

And everyone was coming up to me, asking me WHY I wasn’t going. And for some inexplicable reason, I was starting to get a little irritated… can’t someone just not have the desire to jump? Or maybe a legitimate medical reason?? And still, everyone thinks they know how my foot feels. I SO appreciate the concern. But… You can’t really get inside my foot, you know?

I left the room to get some Ren-and-God time. I want His complete will for my life, hey? If that means jumping off a 700 foot bridge, then gosh darn it, I’ll do it!

“Lord, please give me a sign. Tell me what you want me to do.”

Cue my chalet mate, Kristina. She was the very FIRST jumper. And also, a NURSE. Bam.
“Renna, are you going?” She asked me.
“I’m thinking about it… I mean, I don’t want to regret it, you know?”
“Ren, I don’t think you should go.”
“Really!? WHY?!”
“When I was going, I honestly thought, this would be really bad on Renna’s foot. It pulls REALLY tight and there’s a heck of a lot of pressure. I think it could damage your foot if it’s not all the way healed.”

Thanks, Jesus.

So then I felt super positive about not going.

Heather also gave me moral support.

She helped me remember not to seek the approval of others. I don’t need to prove that I’m hardcore by JUMPING OFF OF A BRIDGE. I really don’t. And I know that right now, I am doing the best thing for me. I DO want to go bungy jumping in life. Really, I do! But I also realized this:

-Tommy
-Jenn
-Mike
-Francesca
-Danielle
-Mae

(Sorry Mom and Dad… I don’t think you’d actually go. And Mike… on second thought, you probably wouldn’t either!! Haha.)

I would want at least one of you guys to go with me! I would want that support GOING with me. It’s a memory I’d like to share with you guys.

Plus? I’m going to be back. I’m only 17! SEVENTEEN!!! My life isn’t over! I can totally come back. And there is nothing wrong with bungying in America.

By the time a million people went and I’d been watching for 3 ½ hours, I totally wanted to go. I didn’t even feel scared. But I still felt like I shouldn’t. There will be other times. My life isn’t over yet J

We watched Dark Knight on the bus. I felt so proud because I was explaining to Liana what was going on!! Proud, Tommy??

Our hotel is GORGEOUS!!! It’s a Christian resort.

This time around, I have not one, not two, but THREE roommates! Lindsay, Karissa, and Debs. Hurrah!

Dinner was crazy. 3 courses!

After dinner, Melinda, Zach, Tyler and I had a meeting to plan our week long adventure. Without internet, it was pretty pointless. But I still had fun J

After, I hung out with Debs, Tyler, and Morgan (HAPPY BIRTHDAY!) We gazed at the beautiful stars J

And, at 10:46, I am clocking out.

Whew. What a day J

No comments:

Post a Comment