Saturday, April 23, 2011

Rain, Tatoos, and Kings


April 20, 2011

We were greeted this morning with a lovely pitter patter of rain. When it’s raining, there is nothing more positive than staying inside and watching movies with hot chocolate, OR exploring outside in a raincoat and rain boots.

I couldn’t perform option number one…

SO after class, Debs and I adventured off into the now crazy hardcore rain, in order to go to Pick and Pay. We are cooking dinner for our family tomorrow and needed supplies.

About of the quarter of the way there, the side walk ended… just like Shel Silversteen said… and we had to choice but to turn back! The wind was biting! And there were no rain boots for Renna L. Sad day.

When we got back, everyone had gone to get tatoos. So I thought, HEY, WHY NOT get a TATOO in SOUTH AFRICA!!!

So I got an outline of Africa covering my whole shoulder blade!

IT WAS SO SCARY. I hate needles. But Debs held my hand. And now I’ll have it forever!

Just kidding.

HAHA.

But I am thinking about getting one when I get home.

Joy <- something like that really, uuber, super small on my wrist, possibly in white.

After turning back dejectedly, Zach, Kristina, Debs and I were the only ones left at BI! Kristina and Debs did homework. Zach and I decided to explore the tide pools in the rain. QUITE the party. I may or may not have accidentally killed a starfish by holding it out of water too long L

It was beautiful. I am in love with the beach here! So spectacular!!!

Then Zachariah and I headed back to find people to go on an adventure with. Unfortunately… no one wanted to come and we were super hungry. We went to Fish & Chips! I have yet to have fish and chips in my life… I figured it was ABOUT TIME.

Zach had been to this place FOUR TIMES already! He was super tight with the manager. This resulted in free rolls. Woot woot!

My fish and chips were quite delightful.

When we returned, we got together with Melinda to schedule more of our extra week! I’m SO excited! I just can’t hide it! (It’s a song. Duh. J)

When I got home, I was so excited to discover that for dinner, we were having…. FISH AND CHIPS!!!! WOOOOO!!!

It was really good, of course. But not going to lie. I felt DISGUSTING. So much grease in one day! BLEH!

We watched a super fantastic movie called “Into the Blue” with Jessica Alba. It was about treasure and drugs! A real winner, right? I very much enjoyed it J

I missed Mom a lot today L.  Can’t wait to hang out with you, Mommy!!!

I learned the most AWESOME things about David in 1 Samuel today!!!

Ok. First off. I did not know that David was Saul’s harp player! Therefore, he watched Saul rule! Almost all of the time! He was learning how to be a great king, either by example, or learning what not to do! WAY to be a planner, God! And he was used to being a servant, so when he later became king, he wasn’t all big-headed!
And THEN I didn’t realize how much David went against the world’s standards. The entire army, as well as the king, was pressuring him to use armor and shields and weapons, etc. And David KNEW how to use armor; he was Saul’s armor boy! Can you imagine telling the entire Israelite army: “It’s cool guys. I’m just going to use a rock and a sling.” NO FEAR.

PLUS! God prepared David differently. He knew how to kill lions and bears; not people.

I was real excited about that J

I want to be like David. COMPLETELY in tune with what God wants, and choose to be oblivious to what the world wants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment